Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sutra of Wei Lang

The Wisdom of Enlightenment is inherent in every one of us. It is because of the delusion under which our mind works that we fail to realize it ourselves, and that we have to seek the advice and guidance of the highly enlightened one before we can know our essence of mind. You should know that so far as Buddha-nature is concerned, there is no difference between an enlightened man and an ignorant one. What makes the difference is that one realizes it, while the other is kept in ignorance of it.

3 comments:

Shubhajit said...

This is absolutely truth and I got it from my own life. I can recognise the bits of my ignorance and now trying to eliminate those..The biggest obstacle is my egregious egotism and could u help me out to get rid of that?

Sophia said...

You have already taken the first step to getting rid of it, by acknowledging it. Try to catch yourself in the act whenever you find yourself lost in yourself.

How qualified am I to help you get rid of your egotism when still I fall back to it at times myself?

One piece of advice that I could offer you is this: try to turn outward by caring for and listening to others.

But whatever you do, don't kick yourself too hard when you fall down. When you fall, just get right back up, brush yourself off and keep walking!

human being said...

so... walk under the rain...
it washes away the delusions...